Social Media Icons





Thursday 18 February 2016

Prometheus to Plexus

After a discussion with a tutor I watched the map scene from Prometheus to try and gain some inspiration to make Orb interesting and different - trying to get away from the normal and safe. After watching this scene it reminded me of laser beams and spiders webs, this gave me the idea of creating a network that combines all the information spheres within Orb - that the user travels along, creating a sense of space and journey. After looking at the laser beams and other influences I explored how I could translate this into a 3D world. Plexus is a plug-in in After Effects that allows the user to create geometric shapes and objects. The plug-in is also available in Cinema 4D. (Examples of this are linked in videos below)

Next I intend to explore combining my existing designs and ideas with Plexus to see how effective it is and whether it creates the effect I want. 










1 comment: